We aim to keep our surgery clean and tidy and offer a safe environment to our patients and staff. We are proud of our Practice and endeavour to keep the site clean and well maintained at all times.
If you have any concerns about cleanliness or infection control please report these to our Reception staff.
Our GPs and nursing staff follow our Infection Control Policy to ensure that the care we deliver and the equipment we use are safe.
We take additional measures to ensure we maintain the highest standards :-
- Encourage staff and patients to raise any issues or report any incidents relating to cleanliness and infection control. We can discuss any issues or incidents and identify any improvements we can make to avoid future problems.
- Carry out an annual infection control self-assessment audit to make sure our infection control procedures are working.
- Leeds Community Healthcare's Infection Control Prevention and Control Team carry out a face to face audit every 3 years. In 2019 the team carried out a face to face audit and we were rated overall compliant.
- Provide annual staff updates and training on cleanliness and infection control.
- Review our policies and procedures to make sure they are adequate and meet national guidance.
- Maintain the premises and equipment to a high standard within the available financial resources and ensure all reasonable steps are taken to remove or reduce infection risk.
- Use disposable materials for items such as couch roll, modesty curtains, towels etc. and ensure these are changed frequently to minimise risk of infection.
- Make alcohol hand rub gel available throughout the building.